Support us in our mission to spread some joy to those less fortunate than us this Christmas!
Participate in our Food & Gift Drive for the Salvation Army to help spread hope and happiness to families in need.
Head into Westies Bar & Bistro this week and leave your donations in the baskets provided next to the Christmas tree.
We appreciate the support of everyone in the community so far and we hope to see the baskets fill up during the week.
See below for guides on what you can donate.
Some useful tips for gift donations:
- Please consider giving gifts for a range of age groups, including teenagers and parents
- Consider donating gift vouchers – A gift voucher means a parent or guardian can still share in the unique joy of buying a gift for their child or family member (vouchers are also ideal for teenagers)
- Please leave gifts unwrapped, to enable parents/guardians to experience the dignity and joy of choosing gifts based on the recipients’ interests or personality. Feel free to include wrapping paper or gift bags
- Please donate new items only as your donated gift may be the only present someone receives this Christmas
Some useful tips for food donations:
- Consider donating a supermarket gift voucher, as they allow the recipient the flexibility to purchase their choice of fresh fruit, vegetables and meat
- Where appropriate, please ensure items have long expiry dates and are non-perishable
- Since these will be received as gifts, consider adding brand name products and some special items to help the recipient celebrate on Christmas Day
- Try packing the food into a shopping bag or washing packet that can be reused by the recipient (it’s sustainable too!)
- Consider providing food that will suit families with young children, people with allergies, the elderly or culturally diverse Australian households.
We can only accept physical gift vouchers (no printed or electronic gift vouchers please). Popular gift vouchers include:
- Supermarkets, e.g. Woolworths or Coles
- Department stores, e.g. Kmart, Big W, Target, Myer or David Jones
- JB Hi-fi
- Event Cinemas or Hoyts